12 March 2018
It was great to see such a good turn out to the three way learning conferences last week. Thank you for attending with your children and taking the time to share in the conversation about the direction for learning this year.
Tomorrow we have sixteen students representing Elmwood at the North Zone swimming competition. We wish all of these students well for this event.
At last months Board of Trustees meeting the 2018 Charter was approved.
This document contains the following:
- The Board’s Strategic Plan (the schools direction for the next three years)
- The Annual Plan (what we are doing this year to work towards our Strategic goals)
- The 2017 “Analysis of Variance Report” (how we got on with last years student achievement Targets)
- The “Strengths, Areas for improvement and how we will go about it” statement (using the Ministry of Education’s mandatory template).
This comprehensive document provides the pathway for the year ahead making clear links to our priorities in enhancing teaching and learning and ultimately outcomes for our students.
To view this document in its entirety please visit the Board of Trustees section on the website.
School Docs is our “cloud based” policy and procedure system that we use here at Elmwood. This is a comprehensive core set of policies which have been well-researched and follow the Ministry of Education National Administration Guidelines.
Policies are monitored by SchoolDocs and updated, modified or created in response to changes in legislation, significant events, Ministry guidelines, reviews/requests from schools and regular reviewing from the SchoolDocs team.
Each term there are policies and procedures up for review. This term we seek your feedback on Home Learning.
To do this:
- Visit the website http://elmwood.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm
- Enter the user name (elmwood) and password (Elmw00d).
- Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed.
- Read the policy.
- Click the Policy Review button at the right hand top corner of the page.
- Select the reviewer type “Parent”.
- Enter your name (optional).
- Submit your ratings and comments.
If you don’t have internet access, school office staff can easily provide you with printed copies of the policy and the review form.
ICAS examination entry forms for years 3-6 need to be back at the office by Friday 23rd March. Please drop them into the pigeon hole in the office. If you have not received an entry form, you can pick one up from Jo on Reception.
Unfortunately we have been notified a few cases of headlice across the school. Should you receive a letter from the classroom teacher regarding head lice please take the time to check your child’s hair thoroughly and take the appropriate action should you find evidence of these little critters.
If you find your child has head lice please notify your child’s teacher. There is information on the Ministry of Health website: https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/conditions-and-treatments/diseases-and-illnesses/head-lice