Welcome back to school for Term 4. I hope everyone is well rested and ready for another exciting term of learning. This term there will be nine weeks with the final day of the school year being on Friday 15th December. It will no doubt go very quickly!
A very special welcome to Jill Evans who has joined us from St. Margaret’s College as our new Deputy Principal. We look forward to having Jill on our staff and learning from her extensive knowledge of curriculum and future focussed teaching and learning.
Planning for next year is well underway. If you know that your child/children will not be attending Elmwood Normal School next year please advise us in writing as soon as possible. Also, if you are aware of anyone that has a child/children that will be starting Elmwood Normal School next year please ask them to contact the School Office as soon as possible.
With a compacted last term our teaching and learning focii vary across the school.
Our Year 4, 5 and 6 students will all be heading off to camps at Living Springs, Hanmer Springs and Wainui respectively in the coming weeks. We wish them well for a successful camp and good weather.
As we head into the warmer months (hopefully) a couple of reminders:-
- Summer uniform is worn in Terms 4 and 1. Please ensure it is worn correctly without the “extras” that were appearing at the end of last term.
- Please also ensure your child has their sunhat at school every day and that it is clearly named.
- On particularly sunny days you may want to apply sunscreen to your child and if your child is able to, your child could reapply this during the day.
- Consider walking to school as often as possible. We know that a large percentage of the school’s population live within 1km of the school therefore a brisk walk to and from school is a great way to look after the physical well-being of your child as well as look after the environment.
- For those of you who use our drop off zones on Aikmans and Leinster Roads please ensure you adhere to the time restrictions.